Epilogue



Sterling and Jon were already in the room, sitting closely together on the couch, holding hands, their heads close together. They were talking softly, and trading soft kisses. It was really cute. I was still feeling pretty weak and light-headed and literally collapsed next to her on the couch, still basking in the afterglow. I don’t think it’ll ever fade. At least I hope not! What a hell of a night.

Jon had someone go get Sterling’s car. Guess the fairy tale was over. We hung around chatting comfortably about nothing until it showed up.

Sterling looked at me with that look. She was gonna do it. She was gonna ask the question that I know I’d been asking in my head since I found my ass up on stage. “So guys, what was it?” she asked. “What made us stand out from all the thousands of other girls out there? Not that we’re complaining, mind you, just curious.”

Jon and Richie looked at each other, and said in unison, “Your clothes.” Jon elaborated. “There you were, one dark, one light, just like us. You were labeled for us, having a good time dancing together…”

Richie interrupted, “And looking damned hot, too, don’t forget!”

“Yes,” Jon agreed, “there was that. We just saw what we liked, and here you are. Regrets?”

“Hell no,” we exclaimed together. Sterling and I exchanged knowing looks. Shit, if that’s all it took… Little did these two know that we had tickets for the second show they added. And we have washing machines.

Another steamy kiss apiece, and then we were walking out to the car with them. After they left, we collapsed into the car, looked at each other and screeched with delight. We could not wait for the next night's show. After that outburst, and with shaking hands, Sterling started the car and pointed it toward home.

On the drive home, we made a pact: We’ll always go see Bon Jovi together, and always in these clothes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the entire story! Also loved reading both sides of the story. Hope there will be more since the girls are attending a 2nd show! LOL! Thanks for the fantasy GH ~ it was fun!

beachloverjovi said...

Great, great story! Absolutely awesome writing-I was there with you girls through the whole thing-riding the waves with you!

Starr said...

I enjoyed part II almost more than the first!

Great writing as usual Jen! I felt like I was at one of their concert's for sure! :)

Thanks for sharing!

Opester said...

I could see myself being swayed to the dark side now....Thanks! Awesome stuff!